Its the end of day three and I’m resting my feet. I have just under 24 hours before I get back home to Goa and at last count I have:
– roamed some parts of Gurgaon and South Delhi including quaint cafes in Hauz Khas, colourful winter melas, travellers cafes and tourist shopping haunts of Khan Market and changed some of my opinions about some parts of this part of the world.
– broken the no-dessert rule, indulging in desserts of all kinds of sinful and delectable proportions
– soaked in the lacy mist and lapped up the winter sun like my life depended on it. Arjun even called me a hero braving the cold this morning. Because it is such a pleasant change to see me enjoying the crisp cool weather as opposed to burying myself in layers and cribs and rants.
– met some of the funnest people in a long time. Some unknown, some known, some old, some new, some celebrities even!
– shopped till I nearly dropped and turned into that person I never thought I could be. The kind of person who loses herself in a store and succumbs to impulse buying because that ceramic stuff had my name on it. Yes that is not who I thought I was. Or would ever be.
– book shopped more than I have a long, long time. My bag now feels like it is filled with rocks.
– realised I love solo travels as much as solo staying-at-home. And that I love city holidays as much as escapes into wilderness. Cities like Delhi have character and it draws me in like a magnet I cannot resist.
– stopped on more than one occasion and wished VC were with me too. I’m the idiot that takes off on a holiday alone and then intermittently misses her better half. Mostly when I am having fun.