And just like that, 3 years whizzed by

7 Sep

Currently suffering incomplete-blog-postitis. A condition where several half written posts lie in various states of completion, and struggle to reach that perfect finale. Some on my phone, some in the drafts folder, some in word docs on my laptop. And yet I cant seem to find the will to finish them and post it. Somehow that burst of inspiration to blog only happens when I’m at work in the midst of an inane eDM, and obviously I can’t whip the blog open and power through it. So I make mental notes of the thoughts that strike me, in the hope that I will get back home and get to it. But I seldom follow through on my hopes. tsk tsk tsk.

But I just had to stop by just now to make note. That tomorrow it will be 3 years. Since the husband and I took the plunge. Well officially at least. In my mind, I think we had long taken the plunge the day we had the shall-we-tell-our-parents conversation, because since that say I have never looked back. It has been a decision that got made in such ease and natural comfort that never once have I had to rethink, recalculate or re-evaluate what I chose.

Since then he has endured me in all my maddening glory. That he has stuck by me and never once faltered, is sign enough that he has never had to do any of the above.

So thank you VC. For loving me just the way I am. For always saving me a piece of your dessert even when you loudly declare that I should “get my own” bowl. For missing of me when you’re away even though you rarely admit it. For bothering to keep my kitchen spotless, even thought I know you couldn’t care less if it were messy. For tolerating my shower curtain antics, I-will-only-sleep-on-the-right-side madness and various other idiosyncrasies. For poking me at the start of every movie. For listening when I jabber on endlessly. For listening even when I don’t say the words. For cooking with me. For eating whatever I make. For loving me and cherishing me and making me feel special.

For believing in our dreams. For taking a chance and for living with me.

I don’t think I could ever make it up to you.

Happy 3some VC! For always and forever.

20 Responses to “And just like that, 3 years whizzed by”

1. sibichen September 7, 2011 at 11:48 pm #

Well written! Why not become a full-time writer!

• hAAthi September 8, 2011 at 7:32 am #

haha thanks, thats flattering but iv always wondered if i ever started writing seriously, would it still be as much fun..

2. Ranjan Atreya September 8, 2011 at 12:58 am #

Congrats da ;) and here’s to many more

3. chandni September 8, 2011 at 5:02 pm #

Congratulations and wishing you many more to come!

• hAAthi September 8, 2011 at 5:05 pm #

thanks so much :)

4. Kavs September 8, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

aww!! Wish you and VC all the best in the years to come. :)

5. Peevee September 9, 2011 at 12:40 am #

Awwwiieee :) Congrats Haathi! I love love love the pic. Btw, what are your shower curtain antics? :D Please share if you can :P

• hAAthi September 9, 2011 at 8:53 am #

Haha :) I’ll email you about it ;)

6. Anita September 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm #

Congrats!

• hAAthi September 9, 2011 at 8:50 pm #

Thanks a ton Anita!

7. DG September 14, 2011 at 11:01 am #

Have lurked on your blog a while now… and love reading each of your posts.

The picture is extra lovely.. Wish you a fab life ahead! :)

DG

• hAAthi September 14, 2011 at 11:02 am #

Thanks DG :) Its always nice when lurkers drop a note!

8. Pooja March 18, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

Just read this…very sweet. You’re such a different person when you write – nice to know this side of you! And I love the pic too – 2 cute!

• hAAthi March 18, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

Hahaha, I dont know what to make of “such a different person when you write”, but I’ll try and tale it as a compliment :P
      Thanks pooja!

1. Because every anniversary deserves one of these « hAAthi - September 8, 2012

[…] always being up for a ride. For giving in to my every plan. For holding me back when I need it the most. For letting me go […]

2. Six | hAAthi - September 8, 2014

[…] Today marks 6 whole years since that deliriously exciting day (well, for me at least!) in 2008 when we finally got married. Do you remember the madness of the wedding? I bet you don’t. I do, it’s fresh in my mind, like it was only just the other day. There were way too many people for my liking, I was upset I didn’t get to taste all the food, I didn’t like changing my clothes so many times, and I really just wanted to fast forward to the bit where we partied. Discounting small glitches like extended family threatening to call the cops on us, and imperfections like the godawful off-season storm that raged outside, I’d say it was pretty darn perfect. I want to say its beginning to feel like the age is creeping up on us slowly, but it’d be a lie. The truth is I have to some times remind myself that it’s been six years. I’ve said it before, but at times it feels a little unreal, and I wonder if we’re not doing something right, and why we don’t feel it when we really ought to. It’s only when I count back the years and think about everything that’s gone by that I realise the enormity of 365 x 6 days. I still feel like quite the baby who only just got married. […]

3. Seven | hAAthi Time - September 8, 2015

[…] five, four, three, two, […]

4. Day 252: Eight | hAAthi Time - September 8, 2016