Poles apart

23 Sep

The husbands idea of making the bed:

And mine:

Yup, we’re like chalk and cheese.

Yin and yang.

Black and while.

Like I said, poles apart.

16 Responses to “Poles apart”

1. PK September 23, 2011 at 11:05 am #

Hahahahaha!!! I know the feeling, although you may be more OCD than me :P

2. Tamanna Mishra September 23, 2011 at 11:14 am #

Hahahaha! It is the opposite for me and mine :P

• hAAthi September 23, 2011 at 11:17 am #

PK: slightly, I think ;)

Tamanna: I envy you then. You must be a very relaxed person :)

3. Dip September 23, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

hahahehehhahahahah cute

• hAAthi September 23, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

Its cute when you see it in a blog like this. Not so much when you go home at the end of the day expecting that the husband would have listened to you when you asked ihm to make the bed before he leaves for work :(

4. akshay September 24, 2011 at 5:33 am #

what happened to housework is evil blah blah?

• hAAthi September 24, 2011 at 6:55 am #

making bed does not qualify as housework. its bare essential!

5. shambhobi October 13, 2011 at 9:50 pm #

I hate making my bed. Its so much more comfy keeping it dirty and disordered.

• hAAthi October 14, 2011 at 8:53 am #

LOL, clearly you belong to the husband’s kind of people in the world

6. Santulan June 28, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

See once I organize things in a neat and clean way like you did, I can’t seem to find thigns on time.. :(

Also, research says that beds like VC’s are better at keeping bedbugs away.

• hAAthi June 28, 2013 at 4:36 pm #

Why?! Cos bugs also dont like the mess? Im going to now make sure he never sees this comment. He has a serious bed bug paranoia and this might convince him we must settle for messy beds all th time.

• Santulan June 28, 2013 at 4:37 pm #

A clean and proper bed attracts bed bugs, and they don’t like to inhabit messy beds because they think that people won’t sleep in the mess. Of course, they know little of people like VC and myself

1. Things about VC that I never want to forget #1 « hAAthi - June 7, 2012

[…] There was a joy in being broke when we first moved here, in discovering new beachy escapes, in arguing over the tiny little details about the home, in fussing over food, in everything. This could get really cheesy and make this another one of those OMG-we-have-so-much-in-common-we’re-made-for-each-other post. But here’s the truth — we could not be more different. Or less alike. Whichever way you look at it. Like I’ve said before, we’re poles apart. […]

2. Because every anniversary deserves one of these « hAAthi - September 8, 2012

[…] here’s to the differences. For the not-so-perfect love affair. For making us who we are. For showing us what it is to be a […]

3. Things about VC that I never want to forget #11 | hAAthi - June 28, 2013

[…] furiously touchy about my ideas, headstrong about what I want to do with the baking. We’re as different as chalk and cheese, in this venture, as with  everything else in life. And yet something makes him persist. […]

4. Six | hAAthi - September 8, 2014

[…] it. I don’t know how they make it work. But I know how we make it work. We’re still poles apart. We don’t always agree, and we don’t always want the same things — but […]