Love is..

17 Nov

Knowing just how much Thums Up to share with your wife.

Our weekly lunch at the neighbourhood restaurant. The order is always the same.

1 chicken triple schezuan. 1 Thums Up. Split 2 ways.

And when the Thums Up arrives, its always split in the exact same way.

Some would call it cheeky. Some would call it greedy. But I just call it plain old thoughtful. The husband always knows that I only ever need a sip or two to wash my meal down. Never less, never more.

12 Responses to “Love is..”

1. thePURPLEspirit November 17, 2011 at 10:49 am #

Been reading your blog for a while now and your posts always make me smile. Love your writing style and the way you think. :)
    So just thought I’d come out of the shadows and let u know I’m a real person who enjoys your writing and not a bot.

• hAAthi November 17, 2011 at 10:52 am #

Aww gee thanks Nitya! Its always nice when people come out of the shadows to drop a word :)

2. PK November 17, 2011 at 10:51 am #

That matches my desire for coke as well! Not more than a sip or two, and only with Chinese or Pizza. Difference is, AK will never share unless specifically told!

• hAAthi November 17, 2011 at 10:53 am #

Yes its mostly with chinese and pizza here too :P and I think VC has just been potty trained with time.

3. sulagna November 17, 2011 at 11:09 am #

so its universal then, we women actually need thoda sa coke to wash down the chinese, or sometiems the mac and sometimes the sunday biryani :) :)

and the husbands always always oblige in “sharing “

• hAAthi November 17, 2011 at 11:10 am #

Haha, seems like thats the case. Either that, or we demand our fair share of coke. Because of course we cant order our own and have the whole damn thing no?

4. akshay November 18, 2011 at 9:20 am #

dude what is triple szechwan? sounds damn cool.

• hAAthi November 18, 2011 at 9:21 am #

its rice noodles crispy noodles all tossed in szechuan sauce with some veggies. its awesome.

• hAAthi November 18, 2011 at 9:23 am #

oh and i forgot the most important part. chicken and prawns.

5. akshay November 19, 2011 at 4:45 am #

thank heavens. I was like huuuuhh waaaat when you said with vegetables awesome. :D

6. cmck December 10, 2011 at 12:17 am #

Me thinks its not ThumsUp..tis something else..:-D

• hAAthi December 10, 2011 at 12:39 am #

Sigh! If only! Id get thru my work days with a breeze if it were truly something other than thums up ;)