Foggy foggy morning

12 Feb

Every now and then there comes a day that surprises the daylights out of you. Today is that day.

We’re half way through February. Signs of summer turning up a showing here and there. It really should be hot by now. But it isn’t quite there yet. Mornings are misty, dark and bordering on downright cold. The evenings are still wintry and nippy. And if you’re anything like me you’ll need a light jacket on your way home.

This is what I woke up to today:

20120212-092812.jpg

A serious case of identity crisis I’d say. The times are changing. I can’t remember the last time I saw such heavy fog in Goa. And to think we should be well on our way to a hot summer. I’ve seen enough unpredictable weather changes for 2 years now. I’d really just like some consistency now please, thankyouverymuch. I wonder what is in store for the months to come.

————————————————–

This post with a twist, is my last guest post on Vie Hebdomadaires. It was a fun week, even though I couldn’t do complete justice, like I wanted to. I was aiming for one post a day, but 5 posts in 7 days isn’t too bad, right?

11 Responses to “Foggy foggy morning”

1. Sanjana February 12, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

foggy mornings are quite normal here and the visibility goes down so low that driving becomes extremely difficult! I remember this one time there was a 250 car pile-up in Dubai, back in 2008! (these namoonas go at 160 kms per hour even in the fog, so obviously…)

But I like foggy mornings… everything looks so nice and mysterious! :)

• hAAthi February 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Oh I love the fog, its just unsettling when youre not expecting it. And its supposed to be hot and sultry outside..know what I mean?

• Sanjana February 12, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

Yup! :)

Summer’s around the corner here. Today was the first day my house wasn’t freezing!

2. The Girl Next Door February 13, 2012 at 10:55 am #

That’s a lovely pic! I love foggy mornings. :)
    That said, I love crisp and clear mornings too. :D

• hAAthi February 13, 2012 at 11:05 am #

Isn’t this picture soooooo bangalore? That’s why its so out of place for Goa! But it really was a lovely morning for us. Perfect with some hot coffee to go with it!

3. Bhavna February 13, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

Bombay was a shocking 8 degrees last week!!!! and..Bangalore’s blooody warm…clothes are drying up in 2 hours da…. :D

• hAAthi February 14, 2012 at 7:22 am #

Yeah my granny has her sweaters and socks out apparently! I guess that might explain why goa is still bordering on cool only. Maybe the tables are turning hehehe

4. pranita February 13, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Mornings are unusually foggy in my place too…! Very unexpected and unusual… The other day i woke up to a clear view at 7 in the mng , to find it all fogged up at 9 am! Totally befuddling! Sun was high up n there was thick fog.. nothin visible… I blogged about it too… ;-) Hav a look…

• hAAthi February 14, 2012 at 7:21 am #

Wow. I guess im no the only one puzzled with the weird climate changes then! That sounds really pretty.

5. Ramya February 16, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

I love foggy mornings….though I rarely (read never) wake up for them.

But if anything could keep the summer away in Hyderabad, I would welcome it. For someone with pretty low cold tolerance levels, and pretty high humidity tolerance levels, I HATE the summer here with a vengeance.

1. Day 259: Morning moods | hAAthi Time - September 19, 2016

[…] Turns out this morning preoccupation is a recurring theme in my life. FB reminded me of this post from 2014, so similar in sentiment to this one I wrote yesterday. And then there was this morning moment from not too long ago. And this musing about a weekend morning, last month.  Rainy morning? Check. Sunny morning? Check. Foggy morning? Check. […]