Happy feet

25 Feb

20130225-172952.jpg
Its the end of day three and I’m resting my feet. I have just under 24 hours before I get back home to Goa and at last count I have:
— roamed some parts of Gurgaon and South Delhi including quaint cafes in Hauz Khas, colourful winter melas, travellers cafes and tourist shopping haunts of Khan Market and changed some of my opinions about some parts of this part of the world.
— broken the no-dessert rule, indulging in desserts of all kinds of sinful and delectable proportions
— soaked in the lacy mist and lapped up the winter sun like my life depended on it. Arjun even called me a hero braving the cold this morning. Because it is such a pleasant change to see me enjoying the crisp cool weather as opposed to burying myself in layers and cribs and rants.
— met some of the funnest people in a long time. Some unknown, some known, some old, some new, some celebrities even!
— shopped till I nearly dropped and turned into that person I never thought I could be. The kind of person who loses herself in a store and succumbs to impulse buying because that ceramic stuff had my name on it. Yes that is not who I thought I was. Or would ever be.
— book shopped more than I have a long, long time. My bag now feels like it is filled with rocks.
— realised I love solo travels as much as solo staying-at-home. And that I love city holidays as much as escapes into wilderness. Cities like Delhi have character and it draws me in like a magnet I cannot resist.
— stopped on more than one occasion and wished VC were with me too. I’m the idiot that takes off on a holiday alone and then intermittently misses her better half. Mostly when I am having fun.

18 Responses to “Happy feet”

1. onehonestwriter February 25, 2013 at 7:01 pm #

Apart from all the Delhilove….I loved loved totally loved ur loafers in the pic. Is a part of Delhi shopping? If yes, I wud go grab one pair ASAP.

• hAAthi February 26, 2013 at 9:00 am #

Haan another impulse buy. Came, saw, bought.
      Khan Market, first line, 300 bucks.
      (I suspect I could have bargained a bit, but I was too happy with the colour to care)

• onehonestwriter February 26, 2013 at 10:36 am #

Thanks for letting me know, would plan a visit to Khan market, never been there.

2. egeedee February 26, 2013 at 11:02 am #

Books, shoes, cake…sounds like a very successful trip!

• hAAthi February 26, 2013 at 11:05 am #

Hehehe yeah. Add winter lovin to the list and its all made me one happy baby. Im ready to go home to sunny goa now :)

3. niyatiupadhya February 26, 2013 at 11:59 am #

waahh! amasink :) im sooo soo soo glad you pressed the CANCEL button for this no desserts scene good job.. lets do one more haaliday once my show is over ok?

• hAAthi February 26, 2013 at 12:02 pm #

The cancel button was only temporarily pressed. From today im back to no desserts bObbles.

Delhi Photo Festival, yes??

• niyatiupadhya February 26, 2013 at 12:03 pm #

Delhi photo festival TOTS :D!
        temporary is also cool :P

• hAAthi February 26, 2013 at 12:04 pm #

And what you’ll say about my shoes? Apart from the obvious fact that theyre totally inappropriate for Goa. Aahahaha

• niyatiupadhya February 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

YOU MUST BE A LOFFER!

• R February 26, 2013 at 12:19 pm #

Ok, I really need to meet your sis sometime! I can even bribe her with the caramel brownies. Loffer, indeed :)

• hAAthi February 26, 2013 at 12:51 pm #

Haha the mere mention might be enough

4. ritz February 26, 2013 at 9:59 pm #

it was good fun meeting up…glad we did! and the shoes look awesome :)

• hAAthi February 26, 2013 at 10:07 pm #

Oh yes :) it was lovely meeting you, R! Come to Goa soon.

5. Anita February 27, 2013 at 10:11 am #

Ah Delhi in winter…that time of the year when I can actually contemplate living in the city. And what gorgeous shoes!

• hAAthi February 27, 2013 at 10:25 am #

Yes it was the lovely dregs of winter, not too cold that you cant step out without layers, just so right. It made excellent weather for walking around, which I did a lot of. I cant say the shoes helped in that dept though. I learned at the end of the day that these are just the kind of shoes to be worn to a place where I know I will go sit somewhere, and not walk aroun :S

6. Deepa March 1, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

Ah Ha! I get in so much trouble from YOUR cousin when I take pics of feet. Wait till I show him this! Nice post :-)

• hAAthi March 1, 2013 at 4:32 pm #

Hahaha yeah i totally get his outrage. As the daughter of a photographer i take far too many pointless feet pics. But whattodo. I have a foot fetish. Mostly my one feet, that is teehee.

And whatever you do dont show him my instagram page. Its where i am triggerhappy and no real photographer ever approves of that!