Way too much sexy for one evening

4 Mar

Norah

And so it happened. Last night. An evening I will probably never have the pleasure of witnessing again. Norah Jones live in India. Standing barely 12 feet away from her pretty self (despite having the cheapest tickets har har), screaming a bit hysterically, and then getting goose bumps at the start of every single track.

That white-faced splotch on the left is Norah herself. Small, petite, so effing gorgeous. No frills, just plain old good music. She came, she belted them out one after another like she owned the evening. And she took a bow and she left. That’s my kind of artist. The kind that lets the music do the talking.

The white-faced splotch to the right (her left) is her incredibly energetic, I’m-totally-rocking-this-lead-guitaring-for-Norah-Jones-thing, looking rather cute despite his superbly tight jeans. I think the way he enjoyed himself took the hot-factor up a gazillion notches.

The rest of her band was beyond impressive. Super prepped, tight, seamlessly going from one track to the next. You idolize a musician when you’ve heard so much of her music online, on CDs and by abusing youtube, and then you hear her live. And you realise, man, the woman can sing.

I went. I listened. I swooned. And then I died and went to heaven.

15 Responses to “Way too much sexy for one evening”

1. R March 4, 2013 at 10:55 am #

Did you just call the guitarist a ‘thing’? He sure must’ve been really hot then! :p

• hAAthi March 4, 2013 at 11:01 am #

Hahaha no i called what he was doing the “thing” but yea he was, not hot, incredibly energetic and cute in a way that you can appreciate when you see a boy really involved and into what he was doing. Omg this is too much analysis for a cute boy no?

• R March 4, 2013 at 11:08 am #

There is never such a thing as too much analysis, where cute boys are concerned. And this one, I totally get. So involved that they look so effortlessly cool!

2. Sanjana March 4, 2013 at 11:06 am #

That’s so cool that you got to go to her concert!!
    I love concerts! The energy is amazing isn’t it? :)

• hAAthi March 4, 2013 at 3:06 pm #

The energy was awesome, and the gig rather well organised. But by the end, after standing for six hours straight, I realised that no matter how well the concert may be organised and how niche the music is, large crowds turn slightly rowdy. There’s no escaping that..people pushed and shoved and I had enough. I dont think I can do the big crowded gig anymore :S

3. Tin Roof Press March 4, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

i thought norah jones was all downbeat and jazzy?

• hAAthi March 4, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

Sometimes jazzy, sometimes mellow, sometimes smooth and low-key. But downbeat? Noooo!

4. egeedee March 5, 2013 at 12:35 am #

She’s very talented and there is no doubt in my mind that it’s genetic. It has to be even if her dad had nothing to do with her. That’s not to take anything away from her motivation as a child. Glad you had fun. I had two other friends there and from their pictures and yours, I can tell whimsy levels were very high.
    I do not like the large crowds part either. Especially when you pay so much for a concert and get pushed around anyway.

• sukanyabora March 5, 2013 at 1:28 am #

You said it, she is a no frills artist-her music speaks for her. My favorite of hers is ‘New York City’ with Peter Mullick.

• hAAthi March 5, 2013 at 9:34 am #

OMG that is probably my most fav NJ album. I was hoping against hope she would sing the title track from that album, but she didnt :(
        The next fav album is this one..It is sheer genius, and if you like NJ I highly recommend getting this one.

• hAAthi March 5, 2013 at 9:35 am #

I think its more than genetic. She is beyond talented. Effortless, pure and so so good. Also, I think she knocks the socks off of her half sister, hands down. So if genetics were the way to go, I think she is better endowed :D

5. a March 5, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

She is gorgeous! The half sister does not get any where close. And did she sing Miriam? :)

6. Psych Babbler March 6, 2013 at 8:00 am #

Concerts are great…my only problem is that you can never get good photos! :P

• hAAthi March 6, 2013 at 8:50 am #

Especially not with a phone camera :P